Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Moment of Joy

Wait a minute... it's November?!?! But... what happened to October? You see, this is what I get for ignoring the entire month of September and pretending it doesn't exists; suddenly the end of the year sneaks up on you.

Anyway, I thought I'd post a Moment of Joy from waaaaay back. Now that I think about it, this picture is 6 years old. Holy crow! How did I get so old?!?!

This is from a series of pictures I took during my first semester of my undergrad career, a bright eyed and bushy tailed freshman. I loved that lake on campus. I spent a lot of time walking or just sitting by it, watching the geese and red-winged black birds, the beaver or just the way the water rippled in the wind. It sounds overly poetic, but I just liked being very still and watching things by the lake.

So here is an autumnal photo from years ago. I bet if I were by that lake now, it'd look very much the same.

2 comments: