Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Want more? Come and get it!

This is not my first foray into the blogging world. In fact, I kept a blog for several months as part of a gender and pop culture class a while ago. I hated it at the time (technologically savvy I am not). But after a few posts… I was hooked. Looking back, I think the class was a rewarding experience; you never realize how much pop culture messed with your mind until you really sit down and think about it. Scary stuff.

So… like intellectual critiques on the genderization of children? Think Barbie is a misogynist puppet used to destroy self esteem? Wonder why models and celebrities can be so screwed up and still be so popular?

Then come and get your fill of thoughtful social commentary at "Barbie bashing and other varsity sports!"

http://genderandpopculture.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment