Thursday, October 1, 2009

Note to Self… Don’t Do This


So as a (not so) soon to be bride, I have been slogging through countless posting on The Knot, reading over millions of their articles, and scouring over (literally) thousands of reception décor photos and flowers. I know what I want, in theory anyway. I want something special, classic nad entirely personal. And it has to "have a playlist that just won't quit" (thanks, mom). My wedding is about 2.5 years away, and I still have nightmares about missing cakes, wiliting flowers and evil bridesmaids. Yes, there are in fact more important things for me to focus on, but planning something so special for Super Boy's and my family is a rush. It's a high. It's buttercream-pink-orchid-and-tulle-crack.

I'm planner, so starting now is not just fun, but preventing be from having a coronary two weeks before. But, alas, there are some things you simply cannot plan for, things so bizzare you can't possible comprehend them. Things like your Dad climbing under your wedding dress, having to use a port-a-potty before the ceremony, or having the urge to do a keg stand in a $2,000 dress. For all these things, there is The Wedinator.

I have no idea how I stumbled across this, but stumbled I did, and now I can't get these images out of my mind. I think they might be burned onto my retinas. Then again… at least I know exactly what NOT to do at my wedding. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment